Here comes our bullet point value proposition.
- We are confident that data extraction should be an enjoyable process.
- We think ScraperWiki is an excellent product, but we feel sorry for all those non-developers who can’t use their service.
- We are developing web-based data extraction software which will be fun to use.
- We are getting some great guidance from a new accelerator called StartupReykjavik (a part of theGlobal Accelerator Network).
- We will launch a beta later this year.
But why does the world need web based data extraction? Since Needlebase retired the blogosphere has been buzzing. There is genuine demand for a simple, elegant, functional and web-based data extraction software. The typical use cases are:
- Merge multiple data sources into a consistent database.
- Harvest structured data from websites or feeds to build a vertical search engine, or enrich your existing data.
We are developing advanced techniques to extract data from a wide range of web-pages and other data sources quickly, reliably and robustly, without requiring any specialized knowledge of programming concepts, HTML structure, or regular expressions. And all within your browser – no installs required.